Some Examples Of Property Development Projects
Over the past 15 years, we have worked on a variety of projects for our clients. These include residential and commercial buy-to-let portfolios, houses of multiple occupancy (HMOs), commercial conversions land development projects.
Every project we undertake is different, and done to meet the varying needs of our investors, which range from long-term stable income generation to short-term capital gain.
We have highlighted below some case studies of current/past projects as an illustration. Please get in touch for more details.
Acquisition Cost: £1,100,000
Refurbishment Cost & Other Fees: £250,000
End Valuation: £1,600,000
Annual Return on Investment: 18.5%
Project Duration: 8-10 months
Residential ( Fielding Road, Chiswick, London )
- Lovely family home in a highly sought London neighbourhood; bought under market value in end 2019
- Property required a complete turnaround. However, there was significant value-add that could be achieved by creating a loft extension and undertaking a rear extension, increasing the total liveable area (psf) by 45%.
- Property will be completed to very high specifications, and then put back on the retail market
Acquisition Cost: £1,850,000
Annual Rent: £138,000
Annual Gross Yield: 7.46%
Commercial ( High Street, Peteborough )
- 3 storey commercial building acquired fully tenanted. Tenant was a high-grade retail store (Clarke’s Shoe)
- Located in a busy high street, with good footfall and business activity
- Potential for future capital appreciation as well as 5-yearly rent reviews
- Investor decided to hold this investment for long-term cashflow generation
Land Purchase Cost: £1,400,000
Development Cost & Other Fees: £2,800,000
Gross Development Value: £5,700,000
Return on Investment: 27%
Project Duration: 16 months
Land Development ( Rye Lane, Peckham, London )
- Old commercial property was purchased. FPI obtained planning permission to convert the space into 14,000 sqft of residential apartments over 6 floors
- Finished product comprised of 2 commercial units and 8 new residential apartments.
- Investor decided to keep the building for long-term, and asset produces £305,000 in rent every year, earning 7.3% in gross annual yield.